Tonomi Lemon Cupcake - Tastes Like Heaven, Feels Like Home!
Cupcakes have been tantalizing taste buds since at least 1796 when one of America's earliest cookbooks by Amelia Simmons featured a recipe for "a light cake to bake in small cups". It seemed this sweet treat was made with convenience and practicality at heart - requiring no utensils or plates to eat them. But while we may not know who invented Lemon Cupcake Day, it’s clear that cupcakes were destined to become an iconic culinary delight!
Indulge in the zesty goodness of this lemon cupcake - an unforgettable and deliciously sweet treat! Its bright citrus flavor combined with its moist, fluffy texture topped off with lavender frosting, is guaranteed to make your tastebuds sing.
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice - get good lemons, this is where the flavour comes from!
¼ cup cassava flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup well-softened butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk (can increase or decrease for consistency)
- 2 tsp lavender syrup
- Grease cupcake cups or add paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix wet ingredients and sugar.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while stirring.
- Add to greased cupcake cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
- Leave the butter out to soften thoroughly.
- Add milk and lavender syrup.
- Slowly add powdered sugar.