Yummy Cassava Cookies!
Cassava flour is a versatile and gluten-free alternative to wheat flour that can be used in a variety of baked goods. One recipe that is particularly delicious and easy to make is Cassava flour cookies.
These cookies are delicious on their own, but you can also add other ingredients to customize them to your liking. Some possibilities include:
Nuts like almonds or pecans
Spices like cinnamon or nutmeg
Dried fruits like cranberries or raisins
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Next, roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Share with us your cookie treats on Instagram and tell us whether you added chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruits!