Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth with This Plant-Based Matcha Cookie Recipe
Matcha, a finely ground green tea powder, has been gaining popularity in recent years due to its unique flavor and numerous health benefits. These matcha cookies with Tonomi’s cassava flour are a perfect way to enjoy the benefits of matcha in a delicious treat.
These matcha cookies are a great snack or dessert option for those following a gluten-free or grain-free diet. The use of cassava flour and almond flour provides a light and crispy texture, while the matcha powder adds a unique flavor and numerous health benefits. Give these cookies a try and enjoy the perfect balance of sweetness and earthy matcha flavor.
Indulge guilt-free and satisfy your sweet tooth with this simple recipe.
1 cup Tonomi cassava flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, almond flour, matcha powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the melted coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or dried nuts.
- Using a cookie scoop, form the dough into balls and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serve and enjoy!