Salmon with Rich, Delicious Bechamél Sauce
Salmon is a delicious fish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. One way to enjoy it would involve pouring a tasty bechamel sauce over cooked fish.
Bechamel sauce or white sauce is one of the classic sauces in French cuisine. It's an essential ingredient for creamy casseroles or pasta sauce. Bechamel is made traditionally with flour, butter and milk.
You can eat this salmon with sauce and with baked potatoes and broccoli. If you prefer different vegetables, that will also do!
This tasty and healthy recipe is perfect when you are in a hurry as it is very quick to prepare. This salmon with bechamel sauce is a comforting and nostalgic dish that reminds us of simpler times. The rich, white-milk base pairs well against the flaky texture of this delicate fish meat while its fragrance fills up your nose giving you an overall feeling of happiness in food!
- 2 salmon fillet
- small potatoes, halved
- baby broccoli, chopped
- 2c milk, non-dairy works but will make the sauce a bit thinner
2 tbsp Tonomi tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix milk and spices.
- Mix tapioca flour with 1/4 cup of the milk until dissolved.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over low heat.
- Pour in milk and whisk gently.
- Add tapioca flour, and continue to whisk gently for 2 min until the mixture thickens. Lower heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
- While making sauce, heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to a sheet pan and put in the oven on the lower rack, bake for 10 minutes.
- While that bakes, mix broccoli with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Line the pan with foil. Add fish to a foil-lined pan and add a generous spoonful of sauce to each fillet, with salt and pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes, flip the potatoes to one side of the pan and add broccoli to the other.
- Add pan with salmon to the middle rack and bake for 12-15 min.
- Remove and put on a plate. Add more bechamel to the fish if desired.