Homemade Turkey Pot Pie
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Warm up your holiday gatherings with a comforting classic – homemade turkey pot pie made with a special touch of Tonomi Cassava Flour. This recipe not only brings together the succulence of leftover turkey but also adds a gluten-free twist to the traditional pot pie crust.
As you savor each bite of this homemade turkey pot pie, revel in the joy of sharing hearty, gluten-free goodness with your loved ones. Tonomi Cassava Flour not only enhances the flavor but also makes this pot pie a delightful choice for those with gluten sensitivities. Wishing you cozy moments and happy tastes as you create lasting memories with this special holiday recipe.Author:
Tonomi Super Foods
4 peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved
- 6 celery stalks, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- ½ cup Tonomi Tapioca Flour
3 cups Tonomi Cassava Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cold sticks of butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
For the Filling
For the Crust
For the Gravy
Put the cooked turkey, assorted vegetables, and frozen peas into a pot. Cover with water and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Save the turkey juices to start a gravy.
- After the vegetables are soft, add a small bag of frozen peas and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Thicken with 1/2 cup of tapioca flour mixed with enough water to make a very thick mixture. Add this to the pot pie mixture to make the gravy.
For the Biscuit Dough
While the pot pie is cooking, prepare the biscuit dough for the crust.
- Mix the dry ingredients first. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Slowly add the milk and mix until the batter starts to come together. Form a ball.
- Place the ball between two pieces of wax paper with some cassava flour in between to roll it out to the desired size or shape of your baking pan.
Assembling and Baking
Pour the contents of the pot pie pan into the baking pan.
- Carefully peel one side of the biscuit dough back and place it on your pan, sealing the edges.
- The dough usually bakes up nicely without brushing with egg or butter.
- Put a few vents into the top crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy your delicious homemade turkey pot pie! 🦃✨
Subscribe to our emails
Be the first to know about new collections and exclusive offers.