Have You Tried Sweet Potato Tortilla using Cassava Flour?
Do you like sweet potatoes and want a healthier alternative? There is nothing better than homemade food, and this recipe is easy to make.
These tortillas make a delicious snack wrap when filled with your favorite fillings! Yes, the options are limitless! But before we jump in, here are some benefits of sweet potato:
✨They’re full of fiber. Just like the Tonomi Cassava flour, it is good for digestion.
✨They’re a good source of vitamin A which supports good vision and your immune system.
✨They have a variety of benefits, including improved blood sugar regulation and reduced oxidative damage.
Delicious, healthy, and gluten-free recipe - here we go!
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes, toss in oil and salt, and pepper.
- Roast sweet potatoes on a foil-lined cookie tray, for 30 min at 425 degrees or until soft.
- Mix in 1 1/4cup cassava flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and 1/4 tsp salt to form a dough.
- KInead until it all sticks together. Add in water or extra flour as needed.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with oil, and heat over medium heat.
- Roll out tortillas to 1/4 inch or thinner and fry in oil.
Store extra in an air-tight container, and use within 4 days.
If you make these Sweet Potato Tortillas and post them, don’t forget to tag us at @tonomiflour. We can't wait to see your dish!