Soul-Satisfying Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipe
Warm, comforting, and filled with delicious flavors, this Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumpling Soup is the perfect dish. Made with wholesome ingredients and cassava flour dumplings, this recipe is a gluten-free twist on the classic favorite.
Remember, with a warm bowl of Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumpling Soup, you'll be embracing the comfort and flavor of a classic dish, all while adhering to your gluten-free lifestyle. Get ready to indulge in a bowl of nourishing goodness! Enjoy every spoonful!
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Tonomi cassava flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced chicken and cook until browned. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion, carrots, celery, and minced garlic. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Add the dried thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings. In a mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to cut it into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- Gradually add the almond milk, stirring until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Once the soup has simmered for 20 minutes, drop spoonfuls of the dumpling dough into the simmering soup. Cover the pot and let the dumplings cook for about 10 minutes, or until they are cooked through and fluffy.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup and taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
- Ladle the Gluten-Free Chicken and Dumpling Soup into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Note: Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other vegetables or herbs of your choice. You can also use leftover cooked chicken instead of raw chicken breasts for a quicker preparation time.