How to Make a Delicious Carrot Cake with Cassava Flour
Do you love carrot cake? If so, you're going to love this delicious carrot cake recipe made with cassava flour! Cassava flour is a great gluten-free alternative to all-purpose flour, and it gives this carrot cake a delicious flavor and texture. In this blog post, we will show you how to make this amazing carrot cake step by step. So what are you waiting for? Let's get baking!
½ cup cassava flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
¾ cup almond milk
⅓ cup olive oil (or any neutral-flavored oil)
½ cup coconut or granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ grated carrot (about one small carrot)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an eight by an eight-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the grated carrot.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center comes out clean when you insert a toothpick. Allow the carrot cake to cool before adding the frosting.
- Enjoy! This carrot cake is best served with a cup of coffee or tea. It will keep stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days.
- Now that you know how to make this delicious carrot cake with cassava flour, give it a try and let us know how it turns out! Hope you enjoy this recipe, don't forget to tag us when you make this delicious cake. Happy baking!