Homemade Boba (Tapioca Pearl) Tea!
- Combine Tonomi Tapioca Flour, water, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the pan (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Knead dough until it is smooth.
- Shape dough into small boba balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Coat the pearls with tapioca flour, sieve, and shake off the excess flour.
- Store in the freezer or cook immediately.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add tapioca pearls and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until they float to the surface. Drain water and set aside the cooked pearls.
- In a saucepan, add and mix water and brown sugar until dissolved and bubbles form.
- Once syrupy, remove from heat and add to your bowl of cooked and drained pearls.
- Serve tapioca pearls in your favorite cold tea beverage. Add ice!
Enjoy your homemade boba!