Healthy & Delicious Carrot Cookies
Do you love carrots? Do you love cookies? If you answered yes to both of those questions, then this recipe is for you!
Carrot cookies are a delicious and unique twist on the classic cookie. Packed with flavor and nutrients, these cookies are sure to be a hit with everyone in the family.
These cookies are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without wrecking your diet! Give them a try today!
- ⅓ cup Canola oil, plus more for coating the baking sheets
1½ cups Tonomi cassava flour
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed whisked with 2
- tablespoons warm water
- 1 very ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat two baking sheets with canola oil. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the canola oil and sugar and mix well. Add the flaxseed mixture, banana, and carrots and mix again.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined.
- Fold in the oats and pumpkin seeds.
- Use a ⅓-cup measure to scoop five cookies onto each baking sheet, for a total of 10.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
These carrot cookies are the perfect way to enjoy a delicious treat while getting a healthy dose of Vitamin A! Thanks for trying out this recipe and be sure to let us know how they turned out in the comments below. We can't wait to hear from you!