Energize your day with a Green Banana Smoothie
What makes this smoothie extra special is the secret ingredient: banana flour! Derived from green bananas, this versatile flour adds a subtly sweet flavor and a boost of nutrients to your smoothie. Not only is it gluten-free and grain-free, but it's also a great source of resistant starch, dietary fiber, and potassium.
This Green Banana Smoothie is not only a nutritious way to start your day, but it's also a delightful treat any time you need a refreshing boost of energy. The combination of fresh spinach, ripe banana, and the subtle sweetness of banana flour creates a harmonious balance of flavors that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Remember, feel free to customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. You can add a squeeze of lemon juice for a tangy twist or toss in a handful of your favorite berries for an extra burst of antioxidants. Get creative and make this smoothie your own!
1 ripe banana
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 tablespoon Tonomi banana flour
- ½ cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional, for added sweetness)
- Ice cubes (optional, for a chilled smoothie)
- Peel and slice the ripe banana.
- In a blender, combine the banana slices, fresh spinach leaves, banana flour, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and sweetener (if using).
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, add a handful of ice cubes and blend again until well incorporated.
- Pour into a glass, garnish with a few spinach leaves or a slice of banana, and enjoy!