Classic Cassava Cake
Cassava cake is a popular dessert in many countries around the world, especially in Latin America, Africa, and Southeast Asia. It is made from cassava, a starchy root vegetable that is also known as yuca. Cassava cake is gluten-free and has a slightly sweet and nutty flavor that is sure to delight your taste buds.
Cassava cake is a delicious and unique dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It's easy to make and can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions. So go ahead and give this recipe a try, and enjoy the taste of this sweet and moist cake made with Tonomi’s cassava flour!
2 cups Tonomi cassava flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until they become light and fluffy. Add in the melted butter, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until well combined. Fold in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool before serving.