Delicious and Nutritious Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
This Apple Coffee Cake is a must-have for any dessert lover. It has the perfect balance between sweet and savory, making it taste even more wonderful with your favorite morning cup of coffee or tea.
The interesting thing about coffee cakes is that they have been around for centuries. Here in the US, coffee cakes rarely contain coffee in it. It was originally intended to be enjoyed alongside a cup of tea or coffee. The name “coffee cake” comes from when people would use these sweet treats as an appetizer before their meal, but we don't really see this done very often anymore!
You will love the tender, moist cake and crumble topping of this Apple Coffee Cake. Whether you serve it as a dessert or with your afternoon cup o' joe - there's no wrong way to enjoy these flavors!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: almond flour, cassava flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt.
- Add wet ingredients: vegetable oil, 2 eggs, vanilla extract, almond milk. Set aside.
- Cut apples into ⅛ to ¼ inch slices.
- Mix the crumb ingredients.
- Pour the batter in a baking pan or muffin mould/cups.
- Top it with the sliced apples and crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before serving.