Potato pancakes, also known as latkes, are delicious and comforting food that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Traditionally made with wheat flour, this recipe puts a gluten-free twist on the classic dish by using Tonomi cassava flour. Cassava flour is a nutrient-dense and versatile flour that adds a unique texture and flavor to potato pancakes.
Serve the potato pancakes hot, topped with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, applesauce, or chives. These cassava flour potato pancakes are sure to become a new family favorite and a perfect gluten-free option for any meal.
- 2 large potatoes, grated
- 2 tablespoons Tonomi cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the grated potatoes, cassava flour, salt, black pepper, and beaten eggs. Mix well to combine.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the potato mixture and flatten it into a pancake shape. Add as many pancakes as you can to the skillet, without overcrowding.
- Cook the pancakes for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked pancakes and place on a paper towel.
Serve hot and enjoy!